This guide describes how to uninstall Open Service Mesh (OSM) from a Kubernetes cluster using the
- Kubernetes cluster with OSM installed
- The osm CLI
osm CLI to uninstall the OSM control plane from a Kubernetes cluster.
osm mesh uninstall.
# Uninstall osm control plane components $ osm mesh uninstall Uninstall OSM [mesh name: osm] ? [y/n]: y OSM [mesh name: osm] uninstalled
osm mesh uninstall --help for more options.
The following sections detail which Kubernetes resources are cleaned up and which remain after uninstalling OSM.
Removed during OSM uninstallation
- OSM controller resources (deployment, service, config map, and RBAC)
- Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, and Fluentbit resources installed by OSM
- Mutating webhook and validating webhook
Remaining after OSM uninstallation
- Existing Envoy sidecar containers
- Redeploy application pods to delete sidecars
- Envoy bootstrap config secrets (stored in the application namespace)
- Namespace annotations, including but not limited to
- Custom resource definitions (CRDs)
- Vault resources provided by the user
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.